The recent snowy weather resulted in my having, unexpectedly, two days at home during which I coded the married and natural Relationships to determine their consanguinity ie how closely related they were or how many common ancestors they had.
King Henry V England and Katherine Valois
For example, Henry V King England and his wife Katherine Valois were related as follows:
- Fourth-Cousin (Common Ancestors: John II Count Hainault, II Count Holland and Philippa Luxembourg)
- Half Third-Cousin Once Removed (Common Ancestor: Charles I Count Valois)
Edward III and Philippa of Hainault
Edward III King of England and his wife Philippa of Hainault were related as follows:
- Second-Cousin (Common Ancestors: Philip “Bold” III King France and Isabella Barcelona)
- Third-Cousin Once Removed (Common Ancestors: Raymond Berenguer IV Count Provence and Beatrice Savoy)
- Fourth-Cousin (Common Ancestors: Louis “Lion” VIII King France and Blanche Ivrea Queen Consort France)
Edward “The Black Prince” and his wife Joan “The Fair Maid of Kent”
Edward “The Black Prince” and his wife Joan “The Fair Maid of Kent” were Half First Cousin Once Removed (Common Ancestor: Edward “Longshanks” I King England).